SOUTHFIELD — After some evening shopping at Northland Center shopping mall, a woman found herself being held up at gunpoint.
The 23-year-old Farmington Hills woman had left the mall at around 8 p.m. Sept. 21 and was walking through the parking lot to return to her car. Once she got into her vehicle and attempted to shut the door, she noticed it wouldn’t close.
That was because an unknown man was holding it open.
“Two males had approached her, and one of the individuals had placed his hand between the door and car and would not allow the victim to close it,” explained Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department.
According to the police report, one of the suspects pointed a black handgun at her, and the two men demanded the victim’s purse.
The woman complied by giving the robbers her purse, and she was not injured. The suspects fled in unknown directions, and police were unable to locate them.
One of the suspects is described as a 22-year-old black man, around 5 feet 11 inches tall and 210 pounds. He was reportedly wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and dark colored jeans. The victim also reported that he had a goatee and a mustache.
There is no description for the other suspect.
Anyone with information on this case can call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township