WARREN — Police were dispatched to the Marathon gas station at the corner of Nine Mile and Dequindre on Sept. 24 after a customer was reportedly struck in the head and robbed by two men while he was waiting for a bus.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Brian Kijewski, patrol officers were sent to the gas station at 5:45 p.m. and spoke to a 59-year-old Hazel Park man who said he was assaulted and robbed.
“The guy was at the bus stop. Two black males, about 35 (years old), approached him and asked him if he had money. He said, ‘No,’” Kijewski said. “He was hit in the head with a pipe. They took $18 out of his backpack, fled on foot.”
Kijewski said the victim provided no further descriptions of the two men who allegedly assaulted him.
The man refused medical attention offered at the scene, according to the report. Police had no suspects or witnesses at press time.
Anyone with information about the incident can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods