WARREN — Warren police hope store security video will lead to the arrest of a suspect who allegedly attempted to rob a woman of cash and groceries in the parking lot of 7-Eleven at Nine Mile and Schoenherr late on April 21.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, a 35-year-old Harper Woods woman said she was approached by a man in the parking lot of the store on the northeast corner of the intersection at about 11:30 p.m.
“A 20-year-old white male tried to rob a Harper Woods resident as she was at the 7-Eleven. He reached into her vehicle and grabbed a bag of her groceries,” Mills said.
The suspect, further described as 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing about 195 pounds with a mustache and beard, wearing a black coat and blue jeans, reportedly fled through the parking lot on foot.
Mills said the man dropped the groceries after 7-Eleven employees began chasing him.
“He approached her (the victim) and asked for $20,” Mills said. “She told him she didn’t have any money. When she did that, he reached in and grabbed the groceries.
“He left empty-handed, due to the quick thinking of 7-Eleven staff,” Mills said. “He was thwarted in his attempt.”
The woman reported no injuries and the man escaped capture by responding officers.
Anyone with information about the incident can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township