WarrenMay 1, 2013
Man demands cash, tries to steal groceries
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN — Warren police hope store security video will lead to the arrest of a suspect who allegedly attempted to rob a woman of cash and groceries in the parking lot of 7-Eleven at Nine Mile and Schoenherr late on April 21.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, a 35-year-old Harper Woods woman said she was approached by a man in the parking lot of the store on the northeast corner of the intersection at about 11:30 p.m.
“A 20-year-old white male tried to rob a Harper Woods resident as she was at the 7-Eleven. He reached into her vehicle and grabbed a bag of her groceries,” Mills said.
The suspect, further described as 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing about 195 pounds with a mustache and beard, wearing a black coat and blue jeans, reportedly fled through the parking lot on foot.
Mills said the man dropped the groceries after 7-Eleven employees began chasing him.
“He approached her (the victim) and asked for $20,” Mills said. “She told him she didn’t have any money. When she did that, he reached in and grabbed the groceries.
“He left empty-handed, due to the quick thinking of 7-Eleven staff,” Mills said. “He was thwarted in his attempt.”
The woman reported no injuries and the man escaped capture by responding officers.
Anyone with information about the incident can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Digital diet could help put emotions, priorities in shape