WARREN — Warren police hope store security video will lead to the arrest of a suspect who allegedly attempted to rob a woman of cash and groceries in the parking lot of 7-Eleven at Nine Mile and Schoenherr late on April 21.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, a 35-year-old Harper Woods woman said she was approached by a man in the parking lot of the store on the northeast corner of the intersection at about 11:30 p.m.
“A 20-year-old white male tried to rob a Harper Woods resident as she was at the 7-Eleven. He reached into her vehicle and grabbed a bag of her groceries,” Mills said.
The suspect, further described as 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing about 195 pounds with a mustache and beard, wearing a black coat and blue jeans, reportedly fled through the parking lot on foot.
Mills said the man dropped the groceries after 7-Eleven employees began chasing him.
“He approached her (the victim) and asked for $20,” Mills said. “She told him she didn’t have any money. When she did that, he reached in and grabbed the groceries.
“He left empty-handed, due to the quick thinking of 7-Eleven staff,” Mills said. “He was thwarted in his attempt.”
The woman reported no injuries and the man escaped capture by responding officers.
Anyone with information about the incident can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township