WarrenMarch 14, 2013
Man arrested after break-ins reported on Meadowbrook
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN — A 22-year-old Warren man faces charges of resisting arrest and illegal entry after he was found hiding in a garage by officers responding to a break-in in progress in the 32000 block of Meadowbrook March 9.
According to Warren Police Lt. Heidi Metz, Ronald Vance was arrested in the garage of a home near Hoover and Chicago at about 4 a.m.
“Dispatch said an elderly female had just had the front door kicked in and that the suspect had fled,” Metz said. “She heard somebody kicking at her front door and picked up the phone. As soon as the door busted open, she was on the line with 911.”
Responding officers reportedly made contact with another resident on Meadowbrook, who told them someone also tried to break into his home. The resident told officers he went outside, found his garage door open and observed someone standing next to his car.
One of the responding officers reportedly heard movement in the garage as he was speaking with the second resident.
Vance was arrested at the scene, held in the Warren jail and eventually arraigned before Judge Dean Ausilio in the 37th District Court March 11 on two counts of breaking and entering/illegal entry, a 90-day misdemeanor, and resisting and obstructing police, a two-year felony.
No one was injured and nothing was taken in the alleged break-ins.
Vance requested court-appointed legal counsel at his arraignment and was scheduled to be back in court for a preliminary examination at 8:45 a.m. March 19.
He remained held in the Macomb County Jail on a $2,000 cash or surety bond at press time.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi