Looking Back: Postcard view of Eastland High School in Roseville, date unknown
Posted February 12, 2014
Photo courtesy of the Roseville Public Library Photograph Archive
The Eastland school district was formed in 1921. The school was located on Eastland Street between Gratiot Avenue and Utica Road. The original school building had four rooms and increased to eight rooms in 1928. Eastland School was limited to 10 grades, and in 1934, school officials petitioned to add grades 11 and 12. The first graduating class in 1935 consisted of five girls and three boys. Clarence Sharer was the superintendent. The last Eastland class graduated in 1956. After the school was closed, the building was used for a few more years before it was torn down. A senior citizen complex currently is at the location.
More from C & G Newspapers
Macomb Township / Macomb County