Rochester, Rochester Hills
Looking Back: Parade memories
Posted December 17, 2013
From the archives of the Rochester Hills Museum at Van Hoosen Farm, this postcard image was created for
the Rochester-Avon Historical Society.
The annual Christmas parade, begun in 1952, is billed as the second largest Christmas parade in Michigan and attracts parade units from far and wide. Upwards of 20,000 spectators line the streets to enjoy this annual event, which has a different theme every year. Pictured, is Santa Claus riding down Main Street past some of Rochester’s historic buildings.
Today, Morley Drug is the home of Lytle Pharmacy in the historic Opera House building, which first opened to the public in 1890. This year, crowds of more than 50,000 attended the 62nd annual Rochester Hometown Christmas Parade Dec. 8, organized by the Greater Rochester Regional Chamber of Commerce.
More from C & G Newspapers