Looking Back: Troy in 1910
October 2, 2013
From Loraine Campbell, Executive director of the Troy Historic Village
Troy Township families harvested their crops by hand, and oftentimes, the women worked right alongside their husbands, even when they were pregnant.
In this photo, the harvest weather was already chilly and the families are warmly dressed, but their faces are still shaded from the bright sun by bonnets and hats. The photo, circa 1910, was donated by the Stevens family and is from the archive at the Troy Historic Village.
Join us in Looking Back on the rich past that characterizes your community and look to future issues of the paper for more in our new local history series. To contact the Troy Historical Society, email email@example.com and include “THS” in the subject line. You can reach the Troy Museum & Historic Village at (248) 524-3570.
Do you own a piece of history? Send us your historically significant photos from around town, and we may be able to feature them in an upcoming edition of Looking Back. Email your photos to Terry Oparka at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (586) 498-1054.
- 30 DAYS
- Local teen wins state pageant title - St. Clair Shores
- Scrivo sentenced to life without parole - St. Clair Shores
- Car chase ends with teen driving into Clinton River - Macomb
- BHMS student to be featured at international art show - Bloomfield Township
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- City offers road, parking lot renovation updates - Sterling Heights
- Warren grows bountiful farmers markets - Warren
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township