BIRMINGHAM — It may be cold outside, but on Feb. 21, things are going to get steamy inside Lido Gallery for an exhibition all about the art of seduction.
The unique event will bring together musicians, artists, writers and more to celebrate all things sexy. According to Diane DeCillis, owner of Lido Gallery, the gallery often hosts special events and lecturers, but this evening will be especially memorable.
“We do a lot of literary readings, poetry readings and lectures at the gallery. It’s a good gathering place, and we’re always looking for ways to present new ideas to an audience,” said DeCillis.
To add an even more unique twist on the event, titled “The Art of Seduction: An Evening of Sexual Innuendo, Art and Song,” DeCillis will welcome Dr. Renee Horowitz to the gallery as a featured speaker. Horowitz is the founder of the Center for Sexual Wellness in Farmington Hills and has been featured on radio and TV, and in Good Housekeeping, Esquire and Metro You magazines.
“When I found out about Dr. Horowitz, who enjoys giving these talks, I thought this would be something that would be interesting, especially to women,” said DeCillis.
Horowitz, who’s been a practicing obstetrician and gynecologist in metro Detroit for more than 25 years, said she’s excited to join forces with talented artists for a night of learning, discussion and stimulating entertainment.
“An evening talking about sex and seduction in the engaging atmosphere of Lido Gallery promises to be not only a lot of fun, but thought-provoking as well,” said Horowitz in a prepared statement.
The free event will begin at 7 p.m. and is suggested for adults only. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, visit www.everythingart.com or call (248) 792-6248.
Lido Gallery is located at 33535 Woodward Ave. in Birmingham.
- 30 DAYS
- Bike network to connect six Woodward communities - Ferndale
- Roseville Wal-Mart evacuates for bomb scare - Roseville
- Harper Woods police officer killed in crash - Harper Woods
- ‘Friends don’t steal from the dead’ - Farmington Hills
- Body of Southfield fire chief found in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- Shelby dentist makes impact in Haiti - Shelby Township
- Roseville man arrested for alleged kidnapping and torture - Roseville
- Fatal crash occurs on Hayes Road - Macomb Township
- New boutique focuses on power of positivity - Madison Heights
- Suspicious man reported near school playground - St. Clair Shores
- Great Lakes water levels reach highest point since 1998 - Metro Detroit
- Allegedly drunken driver runs stop sign, crashes into business - Harrison Township
- Farmers market coming July 26 - St. Clair Shores
- Gone with the graffiti - Utica