BirminghamFebruary 12, 2013
Lido Gallery to exhibit the ‘Art of Seduction’
By Tiffany Esshaki
C & G Staff Writer
BIRMINGHAM — It may be cold outside, but on Feb. 21, things are going to get steamy inside Lido Gallery for an exhibition all about the art of seduction.
The unique event will bring together musicians, artists, writers and more to celebrate all things sexy. According to Diane DeCillis, owner of Lido Gallery, the gallery often hosts special events and lecturers, but this evening will be especially memorable.
“We do a lot of literary readings, poetry readings and lectures at the gallery. It’s a good gathering place, and we’re always looking for ways to present new ideas to an audience,” said DeCillis.
To add an even more unique twist on the event, titled “The Art of Seduction: An Evening of Sexual Innuendo, Art and Song,” DeCillis will welcome Dr. Renee Horowitz to the gallery as a featured speaker. Horowitz is the founder of the Center for Sexual Wellness in Farmington Hills and has been featured on radio and TV, and in Good Housekeeping, Esquire and Metro You magazines.
“When I found out about Dr. Horowitz, who enjoys giving these talks, I thought this would be something that would be interesting, especially to women,” said DeCillis.
Horowitz, who’s been a practicing obstetrician and gynecologist in metro Detroit for more than 25 years, said she’s excited to join forces with talented artists for a night of learning, discussion and stimulating entertainment.
“An evening talking about sex and seduction in the engaging atmosphere of Lido Gallery promises to be not only a lot of fun, but thought-provoking as well,” said Horowitz in a prepared statement.
The free event will begin at 7 p.m. and is suggested for adults only. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, visit www.everythingart.com or call (248) 792-6248.
Lido Gallery is located at 33535 Woodward Ave. in Birmingham.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi