Lido Gallery to exhibit the ‘Art of Seduction’
Published February 12, 2013
BIRMINGHAM — It may be cold outside, but on Feb. 21, things are going to get steamy inside Lido Gallery for an exhibition all about the art of seduction.
The unique event will bring together musicians, artists, writers and more to celebrate all things sexy. According to Diane DeCillis, owner of Lido Gallery, the gallery often hosts special events and lecturers, but this evening will be especially memorable.
“We do a lot of literary readings, poetry readings and lectures at the gallery. It’s a good gathering place, and we’re always looking for ways to present new ideas to an audience,” said DeCillis.
To add an even more unique twist on the event, titled “The Art of Seduction: An Evening of Sexual Innuendo, Art and Song,” DeCillis will welcome Dr. Renee Horowitz to the gallery as a featured speaker. Horowitz is the founder of the Center for Sexual Wellness in Farmington Hills and has been featured on radio and TV, and in Good Housekeeping, Esquire and Metro You magazines.
“When I found out about Dr. Horowitz, who enjoys giving these talks, I thought this would be something that would be interesting, especially to women,” said DeCillis.
Horowitz, who’s been a practicing obstetrician and gynecologist in metro Detroit for more than 25 years, said she’s excited to join forces with talented artists for a night of learning, discussion and stimulating entertainment.
“An evening talking about sex and seduction in the engaging atmosphere of Lido Gallery promises to be not only a lot of fun, but thought-provoking as well,” said Horowitz in a prepared statement.
The free event will begin at 7 p.m. and is suggested for adults only. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, visit www.everythingart.com or call (248) 792-6248.
Lido Gallery is located at 33535 Woodward Ave. in Birmingham.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Village bar and restaurant offers nod to Prohibition history - Grosse Pointe City
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township