State Rep. Marilyn Lane, D-Fraser, will represent Fraser, Mount Clemens and most of Clinton Township for a second term in the Michigan House of Representatives.
The Fraser Democrat won with a sizeable 61.7 percent of the 29,600 votes cast in the 31st state House District.
“I’m looking forward to getting back to Lansing and getting back to work,” said Lane, a former Fraser mayor. “I’m humbled by the overwhelming vote of confidence that District 31 placed in me.”
Republican challenger Lynn Evans’ collected 33.9 percent. Libertarian candidate James Miller received 4.4 percent.
Prior to the election, a bipartisan collective of local, county, state and federal officials had endorsed Lane.
Throughout her first term, the state representative has held coffee hours on Mondays at her office at 35555 Garfield Road in Clinton Township. She said she would continue to be accessible within the district.
Lane added that she favored finding bipartisan solutions in Lansing as opposed to partisan fighting. She looked forward to continuing “to help get Michigan back on track” and “get our friends and family back to work,” she said.
“We still have a lot of work ahead of us,” Lane said.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township