FraserNovember 7, 2012
Lane re-elected to state House
By Nico Rubello
C & G Staff Writer
State Rep. Marilyn Lane, D-Fraser, will represent Fraser, Mount Clemens and most of Clinton Township for a second term in the Michigan House of Representatives.
The Fraser Democrat won with a sizeable 61.7 percent of the 29,600 votes cast in the 31st state House District.
“I’m looking forward to getting back to Lansing and getting back to work,” said Lane, a former Fraser mayor. “I’m humbled by the overwhelming vote of confidence that District 31 placed in me.”
Republican challenger Lynn Evans’ collected 33.9 percent. Libertarian candidate James Miller received 4.4 percent.
Prior to the election, a bipartisan collective of local, county, state and federal officials had endorsed Lane.
Throughout her first term, the state representative has held coffee hours on Mondays at her office at 35555 Garfield Road in Clinton Township. She said she would continue to be accessible within the district.
Lane added that she favored finding bipartisan solutions in Lansing as opposed to partisan fighting. She looked forward to continuing “to help get Michigan back on track” and “get our friends and family back to work,” she said.
“We still have a lot of work ahead of us,” Lane said.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi