MOUNT CLEMENS — A 29-year-old Mount Clemens man was shot twice the night of July 8 as he stood in front of a home in the 200 block of North Broadway, Macomb County Sheriff’s officials report.
According to officials, the shooting occurred at 10:06 p.m. The victim and his cousin were standing in front of the North Broadway address when an unknown male walked up to them and started shooting. After being shot, one time in each leg, the victim ran to the Park Place Tower Apartments and called 911.
The victim was transported to a local hospital, and sheriff’s officials report that his injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
The suspect is described as a black male wearing all black clothing.
Sheriff’s deputies and evidence technicians subsequently located 15 9mm shell casings near the intersection of North Broadway and Clara Streets.
Investigators have no known suspects, and anyone with any information on the identity of the shooter is asked to call the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office Detective Bureau at (586) 307-9358.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township