SHELBY TOWNSHIP — At roughly 1 p.m. March 21, Shelby Township’s police and fire departments were alerted to an industrial accident on Teresa Drive that resulted in the death of a 42-year-old man.
The accident occurred at Mollertech — a facility located near 23 Mile and Schoenherr roads that makes plastic automobile components.
Shelby Township Police Chief Roland Woelkers said the victim was operating a crane when the accident occurred.
“He was struck by a large piece of industrial equipment,” Woelkers said of the victim, whose identity is being withheld at the request of his family.
“It’s just an unfortunate industrial accident. He was operating a crane, moving some equipment and there was a malfunction of the crane equipment.”
There were no other injuries from the accident, and at press time Woelkers said the accident is still being investigated and police had not determined the specific cause or if there was any fault in the accident.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township