SHELBY TOWNSHIP — At roughly 1 p.m. March 21, Shelby Township’s police and fire departments were alerted to an industrial accident on Teresa Drive that resulted in the death of a 42-year-old man.
The accident occurred at Mollertech — a facility located near 23 Mile and Schoenherr roads that makes plastic automobile components.
Shelby Township Police Chief Roland Woelkers said the victim was operating a crane when the accident occurred.
“He was struck by a large piece of industrial equipment,” Woelkers said of the victim, whose identity is being withheld at the request of his family.
“It’s just an unfortunate industrial accident. He was operating a crane, moving some equipment and there was a malfunction of the crane equipment.”
There were no other injuries from the accident, and at press time Woelkers said the accident is still being investigated and police had not determined the specific cause or if there was any fault in the accident.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville