Ferndale, Madison HeightsFebruary 12, 2013
High-speed chase leads to two arrests
By Jeremy Selweski
C & G Staff Writer
Police have a pair of men in custody who are suspects in multiple armed robberies.
According to Ferndale Police Detective Lt. Bill Wilson, at around 9 p.m. Feb. 9, a 52-year-old man was approached by an unknown man in the parking lot of the Stop & Go Deli at 1365 E. Nine Mile Road. The unknown man had a revolver in his hand and demanded the victim’s money and cellphone. The victim handed over his belongings. He told police that he believed the robber was assisted by an accomplice driving a red pickup truck.
A few hours later, Wilson said, there were two citizens robbed at gunpoint in Madison Heights, and the description of the robber and getaway vehicle matched those from the Ferndale robbery. Madison Heights officers spotted the suspect vehicle on the road, causing the driver to flee onto southbound I-75.
Police from Ferndale and Royal Oak joined in a high-speed pursuit that ended in Detroit when the two suspects bailed out of the pickup truck and fled on foot, Wilson said. Both suspects — one of which is a 40-year-old Detroit man — were apprehended shortly thereafter and remain in police custody.
The investigation continues with Ferndale and Madison Heights police working together. Wilson said that he was unable to provide further information until the investigation is complete and the case has been reviewed by the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Voters approve human rights ordinance - Royal Oak
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Digital diet could help put emotions, priorities in shape