RosevilleNovember 7, 2012
Haugh keeps seat in state House
By Sara Kandel
C & G Staff Writer
Longtime Roseville resident Harold Haugh will serve another two-year term in the state House after clinching the Nov. 6 election with 70.4 percent of votes.
Running on the Democratic ticket, Haugh won the District 18 seat, which covers all of Roseville and part of Warren, with 24,073 votes — 10,326 in Warren and 13,747 votes in Roseville. Running on the Republican ticket, Art Blundell raked in a total of 10,126 votes — 5,168 in Warren and 4,958 in Roseville.
"I'm feeling very good," Haugh said the morning after the election. "Entering into a new district, picking up half of Warren, I was very pleased with the outcome of the election."
Haugh previously represented Roseville, Eastpointe and part of Warren.
He said he plans on continuing his agenda using his expertise to work on fixing issues with the tax system in Michigan — fighting against the taxing of seniors' pensions and on working to move the state forward.
"I have a unique combination of experience with 42 years in the private sector with General Motors and 36 years as an elected public official," he said. "I feel that gives me a unique perspective on what Michigan needs to move forward."
Blundell was not immediately available for comment.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- WWTHS graduate killed in Libya remembered - Warren
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Love surrounds local teacher fighting cancer - Warren
- Local chefs share trade secrets for creating the perfect holiday cookie - Metro Detroit
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- New Macomb Mall owners to redevelop Crowley’s building - Roseville
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Community gets ready for 38th annual Grosse Pointe Santa Claus Parade Nov. 29 - Grosse Pointe City
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time