Harrison TownshipOctober 4, 2013
Harrison Township bank robber caught
By Julie Snyder
C & G Staff Writer
HARRISON TOWNSHIP — Macomb County Sheriff’s detectives tracked down and arrested the suspect involved in the Oct. 2 bank robbery in Harrison Township.
Sheriff Anthony Wickersham said 55-year-old Brian Detmers of Chesterfield Township was arrested on Oct. 3 and charged with the robbery at the Huntington Bank on Bridgeview Drive.
According to the initial crime report, Detmers allegedly entered the bank alone at approximately 4:07 p.m. He handed a note to one of the tellers which stated a demand for money. Wickersham would not divulge details of the note, but did say that no weapon was seen on the suspect.
The suspect, who was not disguised, then left the bank and fled on foot in an unknown direction. Wickersham said the clear image of the robber helped his detectives in their investigation.
“We released a high-quality bank surveillance photograph (to the media) right after the incident. That photo generated a number of calls from people who recognized the individual,” said Wickersham.
Detmers was arraigned in the 41-B District Court in Clinton Township on Oct. 4. He was granted a $500,000 cash or surety bond and currently remains in the Macomb County jail. His next court date is Oct. 16.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- CityEdge starts Chris’ Closet to keep the needy warm - Hazel Park
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Homeowner shoots at home invasion suspect - Harper Woods
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi