Dogs die in house fire
Posted April 24, 2013
ROCHESTER HILLS — Four pet dogs died in a recent house fire that destroyed a home in the 200 block of Auburn Road.
According to Rochester Hills Fire Chief Ronald Crowell, the couple, both 61, living in the house were not injured in the April 14 fire, reported at 4:30 p.m.
“The house was a total wash,” Crowell said. “We determined it was not intentional. Due to the structure and the condition, we could not do a thorough investigation.” The unsafe conditions of the house required that it be demolished, he said.
Firefighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from all of the windows, and crews that attempted to enter the two-story house were forced out. Fire crews from Auburn Hills and Rochester assisted Rochester Hills firefighters, and Auburn Road was closed for five hours between Crooks and Adams Road.
About the author
Staff Writer Linda Shepard covers Rochester Hills and Oakland Township for the Rochester Post. Shepard has worked for C & G Newspapers since 1998, graduated from Oakland University and is a past winner of the Michigan Press Association award. Shepard takes an avid interest in Detroit’s history and current rebirth.
More from C & G Newspapers
Warren / Roseville
Harrison Township / Mount Clemens