Police are looking for a man caught
Police are looking for a man caught on video breaking into a St. Clair Shores home Feb. 19.
Detective Dennis Kozikowski said the homeowner, a 55-year-old woman in the 20000 block of Frazho, had had someone break into her house before, and she had recently installed motion-detecting surveillance video cameras in her home.
Around 10:22 a.m. Feb. 19, the camera in one of the home’s bedrooms was activated when a white man in his mid-20s to early 30s, with short dark hair, around 6-feet tall, walked in. The video shows the man opening dresser drawers and jewelry boxes on the dresser, looking for items to take. He then briefly left the room and returned with a bag, which he filled with costume jewelry and some cash from the dresser.
The woman told police that nothing else in the home was taken.
“Lo and behold, we got this guy clear as day on the video,” Kozikowski said.
He said not every resident needs to have a surveillance system installed, but in this case, it may help track down the suspect.
“Due to lack of evidence and fingerprints, at least we have an image,” he said.
The home was locked at the time and the suspect forced his way in through a window in an entry door.
Police are distributing an image of the suspect from the video in the hopes that someone will recognize the man. At the time of the incident, the man was wearing blue jeans, gloves and a black coat with yellow stripes on the sleeves.
“We’re asking for help to identify the suspect,” he said.
Anyone with any information is asked to call Kozikowski in the Investigations Bureau of the St. Clair Shores Police Department at (586) 445-5305.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Man arrested after Harrison Township home invasion - Harrison Township
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit