A three-hour standoff on East Tacoma Sept. 8 ended in the arrest of a resident involved in a domestic dispute with his ex-wife.
Police said the 55-year-old suspect barricaded himself in a home and held a gun to his head.
Officers were called to the residence at 1 a.m. when the woman said her ex-husband had pushed her and was armed with a pistol.
She met with officers outside the home and the suspect was seen walking around inside the residence with a gun to his head. He refused to come out, reports said.
Troy officers arrived and assisted Clawson officers in the incident, securing the perimeter of the home and trying to negotiate with the man. A SWAT team from the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office also assisted.
After three hours, the man left the home unarmed with the weapon secured inside, reports said. He was taken into custody and transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak for evaluation.
The case is under investigation.
- 30 DAYS
- Downtown Rochester to welcome Kris Kringle Market - Rochester
- Police declare report of threat to Meijer store baseless - Sterling Heights
- Shoplifter flees store with North Face jackets worth $1,000 - Utica
- ACT scores from assessment’s final year released - St. Clair Shores
- Wreaths to be laid on hallowed ground Dec.12 - Metro Detroit
- Red Wings score healthy victory at local elementary school - Clawson
- BHS theater students show comedy chops in ‘Noises Off’ - Berkley
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- Richard Sulaka passes away suddenly at 60 - Warren
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville