Mount ClemensJune 14, 2013
All American Jam coming to The Clem
By Julie Snyder
C & G Staff Writer
MOUNT CLEMENS — Powers Distributing, the City of Mount Clemens Downtown Development Authority and Watts Up, Inc. will be hosting the new All American Jam music festival taking place in downtown Mount Clemens June 20-23.
Organizers say the free community-based festival will feature the annual Mount Clemens Fireworks, an Elliot’s Amusements Carnival on Main Street all weekend, free entertainment, exhibits, displays, and food and beverages.
Fireworks night is Friday, June 21, with a rain date of Saturday, June 22. Festival hours are: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday, June 20 (carnival only); 3 p.m. to 11 p.m. Friday, June 21; 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. Saturday, June 22; and 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday, June 23.
Entertainment on the Miller Lite 104.3 WOMC Detroit Greatest Hits stage begins at 4 p.m. Friday, June 21, with Kiss tribute band War Machine, followed by The Sun Messengers, Aerosmith tribute band Mama Kin and the Detroit cover band Free Beer, which will conclude just prior to the fireworks display.
On Saturday, the Miller Lite 99.5 WYCD FM Detroit’s Country music festival begins at 2 p.m. with Annabelle Road, followed by Corn Daddy (alternative country/Americana), Dragon Wagon, and, at 7:30 p.m., David Hardin, the cousin of Tim Hardin — composer of “If I Were a Carpenter” — takes the stage, and the evening closes out with Detroit’s own Joey Vee.
Sunday is Mount Clemens Community Day, featuring an exhibition by the Bath City Roller Girls, followed by a performance of the local kids from Prep School of Rock. There will be an hour of dance exercise and fun fitness, compliments of C.C. Plus, beginning at 4 p.m., and Cinderella will visit the site and carnival courtesy of ABC Magic Shop.
The free All American Jam is a brand new addition to the summer activity schedule in downtown Mount Clemens, and will take place on Main Street (carnival site), and along Macomb Place to South Gratiot.
Presale Carnival discount coupons priced at $15 are redeemable for one ride-all-day wristband and are on sale at ABC Magic Shop, Max and Ollie’s (42 Pine Street), Chantels Jail House Deli (64 Macomb Place), and Gumbo’s (53 N. Walnut). Ride-all-day wristbands at the festival are priced at $20; some state-mandated height restrictions may apply. For more information, and schedule updates, go to www.allamericanjam.com, or find them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AllAmericanJam.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi