21-year-old perishes in Clinton Township house fire
Published March 4, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A Clinton Township 21-year-old was killed in a March 3 house fire on Remick Drive.
Firefighters found the deceased, reported by other news outlets to be 2010 L’Anse Creuse High School graduate Josh Luczak, in the bedroom where the blaze is believed to have started, according to a fire department news release.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but fire officials say they do not suspect there was any foul play involved.
Clinton Township firefighters and rescue personnel were dispatched at about 11:07 a.m. March 3 to a house fire on the 21000 block of Remick Drive, located north of Metropolitan Parkway between Gratiot and Groesbeck.
Firefighters arrived to the house four minutes after the dispatch call to find four rooms involved in fire, and extinguished the fire in those rooms without incident, according to a statement.
Two friends of the deceased were in the house at the time of the fire, but escaped after waking to find smoke, fire officials reported. They reportedly tried to reach their friend, but the flames were too severe to get to him, the release said.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe