CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A Clinton Township 21-year-old was killed in a March 3 house fire on Remick Drive.
Firefighters found the deceased, reported by other news outlets to be 2010 L’Anse Creuse High School graduate Josh Luczak, in the bedroom where the blaze is believed to have started, according to a fire department news release.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but fire officials say they do not suspect there was any foul play involved.
Clinton Township firefighters and rescue personnel were dispatched at about 11:07 a.m. March 3 to a house fire on the 21000 block of Remick Drive, located north of Metropolitan Parkway between Gratiot and Groesbeck.
Firefighters arrived to the house four minutes after the dispatch call to find four rooms involved in fire, and extinguished the fire in those rooms without incident, according to a statement.
Two friends of the deceased were in the house at the time of the fire, but escaped after waking to find smoke, fire officials reported. They reportedly tried to reach their friend, but the flames were too severe to get to him, the release said.
- 30 DAYS
- Downtown Rochester to welcome Kris Kringle Market - Rochester
- City moves water contract to new authority - St. Clair Shores
- Group unveils tentative list of crash-prone intersections - Metro Detroit
- Two Muses finds new location in Waterford theater - West Bloomfield
- New women’s center focuses on pregnant teens - Eastpointe
- Police seek information on bank hit-and-run crash - Roseville
- Wreaths to be laid on hallowed ground Dec.12 - Metro Detroit
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- Richard Sulaka passes away suddenly at 60 - Warren
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville