Clinton TownshipMarch 4, 2013
21-year-old perishes in Clinton Township house fire
By Nico Rubello
C & G Staff Writer
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A Clinton Township 21-year-old was killed in a March 3 house fire on Remick Drive.
Firefighters found the deceased, reported by other news outlets to be 2010 L’Anse Creuse High School graduate Josh Luczak, in the bedroom where the blaze is believed to have started, according to a fire department news release.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but fire officials say they do not suspect there was any foul play involved.
Clinton Township firefighters and rescue personnel were dispatched at about 11:07 a.m. March 3 to a house fire on the 21000 block of Remick Drive, located north of Metropolitan Parkway between Gratiot and Groesbeck.
Firefighters arrived to the house four minutes after the dispatch call to find four rooms involved in fire, and extinguished the fire in those rooms without incident, according to a statement.
Two friends of the deceased were in the house at the time of the fire, but escaped after waking to find smoke, fire officials reported. They reportedly tried to reach their friend, but the flames were too severe to get to him, the release said.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi