Looking Back: Roseland Park Cemetery

Woodward Talk | Published February 27, 2018

According to Berkley Historical Museum Vice Chairman Jeffrey Tong, Roseland Park Cemetery was officially dedicated in June 1910 with the mayors of Detroit and Pontiac in attendance, and poet Edgar Guest read a new poem. The gates still stand at the site, minus the large sign. Each column was sculpted from 250 tons of white Barre granite. The Berkley Historical Museum is open from 2 to 4 p.m. Sundays and from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays. It is located at 3338 Coolidge Highway, in the old firehouse.