Prosecutor’s Office declines to charge anyone in Ferndale shooting

By: Mike Koury | Woodward Talk | Published September 3, 2019

 Two men were shot outside The Bosco during the early morning Friday, Aug. 30. The Oakland County Prosecutor's Office has declined to charge anyone in the incident.

Two men were shot outside The Bosco during the early morning Friday, Aug. 30. The Oakland County Prosecutor's Office has declined to charge anyone in the incident.

File photo by Mike Koury

Advertisement

FERNDALE — After a shooting that injured two men outside a Ferndale nightclub in late August, the Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office has declined to issue charges against those involved.

According to a Ferndale Police Department press release, detectives presented their investigation of the Aug. 30 shooting outside The Bosco to the Prosecutor’s Office later that same day. For the time being, the office has chosen not to charge anyone involved with the incident.

“The Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office declined to issue charges against anyone involved,” the release states. “The two men being held in the Ferndale police lock-up were released pending further investigation.”

The release also confirms that the investigation remains open and active, and no further updates will be released pending significant developments.

Police were called to The Bosco at 1:05 a.m. Aug. 30 after two men, a 37-year-old Detroit man and a 36-year-old Detroit man, were shot in an altercation with two other people.

The 36-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the hand, while the 37-year-old suffered critical injuries and underwent surgery, according to the police. Ferndale Police Sgt. Baron Brown had no update on the man’s condition as of Sept. 5, other than that he was “still seriously, gravely injured.”

With the shooting still under investigation, Brown said charges still can be issued at some point and that detectives actively are working on the case.

“We can re-present the case with new evidence or with evidence that they’ve asked us to gather, which we intend to do if we can develop those leads,” he said.

Brown previously said Aug. 30 that police recovered three “popular calibers of semi-automatic handguns” on the ground in front of the building.

“There were indications that two people that were still on scene were the owners of two of those guns,” he said. Brown wouldn’t confirm if the third gun recovered belonged to one of the two men who were shot.

Advertisement