Looking Back: A village government

Roseville - Eastpointe Eastsider | Published April 7, 2015

Advertisement

ROSEVILLE — This month’s Looking Back photo is of the municipal building of Erin Township and the village of Roseville circa 1929. The building was constructed that year and served as the hub of government for years. It hosted the fire and police departments, the library and, eventually, the city government. At the time of its construction, Gratiot was still a single-lane road.


The municipal building was located at 27700 Gratiot Ave. at the corner of Meier. The building eventually was sold to the Talon Group. The Talon Group in turn sold the building to Fox Portrait Studios, the current owners.

Advertisement