Looking back: John Warrenner farmhouse

Sterling Heights Sentry | Published August 15, 2017

Advertisement

The John Warrenner farmhouse — occasionally spelled with one “n” — was built along Ryan Road between 14 Mile and 15 Mile roads by Warrenner’s family in 1868 and 1869.

Although the building was empty for many years, in the 1990s the Eckert family refurbished the exterior of the building and has since made it part of Eckert’s Greenhouse. The left photo is the building before restoration; the right photo is after restoration.

— Photos and information provided by Debbie Vercellone

Advertisement