Looking Back: circa 1870

Shelby - Utica News | Published November 4, 2015

Staff photo taken from Feb. 5, 1958, newspaper article

Advertisement

A staff photo from a Feb. 5, 1958, newspaper article — the name of the paper was unavailable — shows a house originally constructed in Utica before it was moved to its current location on 21 Mile Road, south of Van Dyke Avenue, in Shelby Township. Gardner Hunt Runyan, a farmer and carpenter, originally built the house in the 1860s. Clarence Gildner, a well-known builder in the area, also lived in the house with his family from 1951 to 1958. Myrna Mazure now owns the home. For a story, “Restored house built in 1870s to receive historic marker,” visit
www.candgnews.com

Advertisement