Center Line, WarrenNovember 28, 2012
Warren, Center Line athletes fare well at swim, dive state finals
By Jon Malavolti
C & G Sports Writer
The girls swimming and diving season came to an end Nov. 17 with the MHSAA state finals. Several teams and individuals throughout C & G Newspapers’ coverage area took home trophies and medals, when it was all said and done.
Locally, Center Line High’s Andrea Okuly took third in the 100-yard backstroke and Warren Regina’s Alla Kedzierski placed sixth in the 100 breaststroke at the Division 3 final at Eastern Michigan University.
Holland West Ottawa won the trophy at the Holland Aquatic Center, finishing with 293.5 points. Farmington Hills Mercy saw its state title streak snap at six, as the Marlins ended runners-up with 272 points. Saline was third with 266 points.
Holland High won its second straight title in D-2, taking first with 311.5 points at Oakland University. Ann Arbor Skyline placed second with 255.5 points. Grosse Pointe South was third with 190 points.
Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook-Kingswood won its second straight D-3 title as the Cranes finished atop the standings at Eastern with 361 points. Bloomfield Hills Lahser was second with 211. Hamilton was third with 168.5.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Stoney Creek outlast Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Young team full of potential has Clark excited about Lakers future - West Bloomfield
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- Friendly confines of Comerica Park serve as celebration headquarters for Rice - Birmingham
- Groves volleyball gives back - Birmingham
- NDP relishes opportunity to play at Comerica Park - Pontiac
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Lake Orion High boys golf proves to be best in county - Lake Orion
- Utica girls track captures dual-meet championship - Utica
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher, earns MVP honors - Sterling Heights
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start - Ferndale
- With Zemmer in the circle, Athens softball team will have a fighting chance - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Adams softball team picking up where it left off in 2012 - Rochester Hills
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start