Sterling HeightsMarch 12, 2013
Stevenson girls bowling team reaches Division 1 state semis
By Jason Carmel Davis
C & G Sports Writer
The Stevenson girls bowling team advanced to the semifinals of the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 1 state bowling finals before falling 1306-1224 to eventual state champion Davison High.
The match took place March 1 in Mus-kegon.
The Titans, which made a run after going 5-7 in the Macomb Area Conference Red Division, advanced to the state semis by besting Bay City Central 1270-1231 in a quarterfinal match. Stevenson tallied the highest score in the qualifying round. Eighteen teams qualified for the finals. The teams with the top eight scores in that round moved on to the quarters.
Davison beat Walled Lake Central 1347-1189 to capture the D-1 state crown.
Also qualifying for the state finals in D-1 girls competition locally were Macomb Dakota, which was bounced by Walled Lake Central in the state semis, and Macomb L’Anse Creuse North, which placed 11th in the qualifying round.
Individually, Stevenson senior Lauren Krywy qualified for the finals, but did not move past the qualifying stage. The top 16 bowlers advance past the qualifying round.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Eisenhower softball looks to build strong foundation - Shelby Township
- Hazel Park golf shoots for another solid season - Hazel Park
- Golfers take to Pontiac Country Club to decide county championship - Metro Detroit
- Longtime DLS lacrosse coach receives honor - Warren
- Tower boys golf team going after fourth straight league title - Sterling Heights
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Lake Orion High boys golf proves to be best in county - Lake Orion
- Utica girls track captures dual-meet championship - Utica
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher earns conference Most Valuable Pitcher honors - Sterling Heights
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start - Ferndale
- With Zemmer in the circle, Athens softball team will have a fighting chance - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Adams softball team picking up where it left off in 2012 - Rochester Hills
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start