Rochester, Rochester HillsMarch 19, 2013
Rochester High boys basketball falls in quarterfinal
By Christian Davis
C & G Sports Writer
DETROIT — Rochester High boys basketball fell to Detroit Southeastern in its Class A quarterfinal March 19 in Detroit.
The Falcons lost 54-49.
The Jungaleers used a 7-2 run to open the fourth quarter to take and keep the lead. Heading into the frame, the squads were tied at 29.
"We executed at the perfect time," Southeastern coach George Ward said. "Those guys came out big tonight."
Rochester trailed by as many as nine points with under four minutes remaining and were able to cut the lead to three points with seven seconds left, but were unable to get any closer.
"Give them all the credit in the world," Rochester coach John Pleasant said of Southeastern. "They hit shots to start the fourth quarter."
Southeastern led most of the game, but the Falcons were always in striking distance. The Jungaleers were up two points after the first and one point at halftime, before finding their touch to begin the final eight minutes.
Southeastern goes to 20-5 overall and plays Saginaw High at 2:50 p.m. March 22 in the Class A semifinal at Michigan State University.
Rochester finishes the season 21-5.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Lake Orion High boys golf proves to be best in county - Lake Orion
- Utica girls track captures dual-meet championship - Utica
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start - Ferndale
- Chippewa golf aims for league championship and postseason success - Clinton Township
- East Detroit boys golf coach touts players’ growth - Eastpointe
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Adams softball team picking up where it left off in 2012 - Rochester Hills
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start