Wayne County, Macomb County, Oakland County
Published March 7, 2012
By Jon Malavolti firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Jon on Twitter.
Several local girls basketball teams were in action March 6 in various regional semifinals.
Winning and advancing to the regional finals round are Rochester Hills Stoney Creek, Grosse Pointe South, Clinton Township Chippewa Valley, Beverly Hills Detroit Country Day, Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy and Grosse Pointe University Liggett.
Here are the results from each regional semifinal with local ties, as well as the upcoming regional final matchups — which are at 7 p.m. March 8 unless otherwise noted.
At Lake Orion
Stoney Creek (15-6) topped Birmingham Marian (9-12) 59-46 and will play Waterford Kettering (22-2) in the final. Kettering beat Southfield Lathrup (13-10) 47-44 in overtime.
At Utica Ford II
Grosse Pointe South (20-3) stopped Romeo High (19-4) 56-45 and will meet Chippewa Valley (16-8) after it edged Macomb L’Anse Creuse North (15-8) 45-43.
West Bloomfield (10-13) fell 50-44 to Ann Arbor Huron (19-5).
At Warren Cousino
The host Patriots (19-4) lost 49-43 to Detroit Martin Luther King (21-3).
At Pontiac Notre Dame
Country Day (21-0) dropped Capac (18-6) 59-25 and will meet Chandler Park (18-0) after it dispatched Marysville (18-5) 43-27.
Ferndale High (12-12) fell to Dearborn Divine Child (220-2) 73-45.
At Oakland Christian
University Liggett (20-4) defeated Flint Hamady (21-2) 51-33 and will play Detroit Consortium (12-5) in the final. Consortium knocked out Madison Heights Bishop Foley (18-6) 65-55 in overtime.
At Waterford Our Lady
Sterling Heights Parkway Christian (12-10) lost 45-24 to Lutheran Westland (10-6), and Birmingham Roeper (19-4) fell 53-18 against Waterford Our Lady (10-13).
Check out the rest of our website for detailed recaps and photo galleries from select regional action, as well as coverage from the district round.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Brother Rice struggles in opener but earns split at Divine Child in Saturday baseball action - Birmingham
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- South Lake girls soccer coach hopes to keep league title streak alive - St. Clair Shores
- Cousino lacrosse having a breakout season - Warren
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals