- Boys Football Dakota PPD Chippewa Valley PPD 9/03
- Boys Football Southfield Lathrup 7 Royal Oak High 21 9/03
- Boys Tennis Troy Athens 5 Rochester 3 9/02
- Boys Tennis Fraser 6 Chippewa Valley 2 9/02
- Boys Soccer Rochester Adams 1 De La Salle 0 9/01
- Boys Soccer Brother Rice 2 Fenton 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Macomb Dakota 1 Utica 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Sterling Heights Stevenson 4 Grosse Pointe North 0 8/31
Auburn Hills, Rochester, Rochester Hills
Oakland University men's soccer team drops Horizon League matchup
October 30, 2013
ROCHESTER — As much as Oakland University's men's soccer team may have wanted to come away with a victory on senior night, unfortunately for the Golden Grizzlies, the squad on the schedule was the University of Illinois at Chicago, the Horizon League's top team.
Josh Beard scored the lone goal on a penalty kick with 8:21 remaining in the first half, giving UIC a 1-0 victory and improving its Horizon League record to 6-0 (13-3 overall).
While he may have like to have had a better result for his seniors, Oakland coach Eric Pogue expressed appreciation for what they have meant to Oakland's program.
"The seven seniors laid the foundation for continued success," he said. "They've been great. You couldn't ask for seven better seniors."
Although there is still some soccer left to be played this season, senior Nicholas Kristock, who has was selected as a team captain for the third season in a row, reflected on what his time at Oakland has meant to him.
"It's meant a lot," he said. "I came in as kind of a walk-on. I embraced the opportunity to get better every day, and that's one thing I'm proud of, that I didn't waste a day to get better. Now I found myself in a fortunate position to lead a team."
Oakland (5-6-5 overall, 3-2-1 Horizon League) is next scheduled to be in action at 2 p.m. Nov. 2 at Green Bay.