Madison HeightsOctober 31, 2012
Madison football qualifies for playoffs; Bishop Foley, Hazel Park, Lamphere wrap up seasons
By Mark Vest
C & G Sports Writer
The regular-season portion of the football schedule has wrapped up, and the only local team to qualify for the playoffs was Madison Heights Madison.
The Eagles hosted Detroit Consortium in an opening-round playoff game Oct. 26, after press time. Visit our website at www.can dgnews.com for game results.
Consortium came into the game with an overall record of 6-3; Madison was 8-1.
After losing in Week 2 to Warren Fitzgerald, the Eagles won their last seven games entering their playoff matchup against Consortium, which secured the Macomb Area Conference Silver Division title.
The winner of the Madison/Consortium game plays the winner of Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central and Warren Michigan Collegiate Nov. 2-3.
In other local football news:
Madison Heights Bishop Foley ended the season 5-4. The Ventures did win two of their last three games, including a 28-0 season finale against Detroit Edison Public School.
After getting off to a 4-1 start, Hazel Park lost its last four games to finish with an overall record of 4-5, improving on last season’s 3-6 record.
Madison Heights Lamphere began the season strong, jumping out to a 3-1 record and sat atop the MAC Silver Division. The Rams stumbled a bit down the stretch, however, and finished with a 4-5 record.
Lamphere did end its season on a positive note, a 44-14 road victory against Center Line.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title - Clawson
- Stoney Creek outlasts Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Fraser boys track and field wins MAC championship - Fraser
- Southfield gymnast wins two gold medals - Southfield
- Eisenhower softball looks to build strong foundation - Shelby Township
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Troy softball team sweeps Athens in postseason preview - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start