Published July 1, 2013
MAC best girls soccer players honored
By Jason Carmel Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Jason on Twitter.
With the 2013 Macomb Area Conference girls soccer season complete, the MAC has named its top players, honoring standouts with All-Conference recognition.
All-MAC teams have been released for each division, along with Most Valuable Player, Coach of the Year and sportsmanship awards.
Here’s a division-by-division breakdown of the honored teams.
Utica Eisenhower junior Caitlin Carroll earned MVP honors, while her coach, Mehrdad Nekoogar, was named Coach of the Year. Utica Ford II earned the sportsmanship award.
All-League honorees are Carroll, sophomore Isabella Palazzollo, seniors Jessica Esser and K’Shea Conqwest, and junior Sabrina Austin, Ike; junior Dani Manning, sophomore Cydney Webb, and seniors Elizabeth Clevenger and Anastasia Diamond, Grosse Pointe South; senior Kate Kelly, freshman Molly Vanderhoff and junior Amanda Mladenovski, Utica Ford II; seniors Chrisa Kouskoulas, Emily Armbruster and Natalie Skorupski, Grosse Pointe North; juniors Evelyn Andre and Raechael Eck, Sterling Heights Stevenson; and seniors Mary Frosheiser and Hanah Chesney, Clinton Township Chippewa Valley.
Eisenhower went 9-0-1 to win the league title, with Grosse Pointe South finishing second at 7-2-1. Ford II (6-4-0) placed third, followed by Grosse Pointe North (3-7-0), Stevenson (2-7-1) and Chippewa Valley (1-8-1).
Anchor Bay senior Michelle Dear was named league MVP. Anchor Bay’s Kevin Grammens took home Coach of the Year honors in the league. Macomb Dakota earned the sportsmanship award.
All-League honorees are Dear, junior Hilerie Schatzle, and seniors Alexis Gainer, Erica Pelyak and Danielle Brazil, Anchor Bay; junior Alexis Hilliard, and seniors Chelsea Thompson, Taylor Kelly and Brianna Smith, Madison Heights Lamphere; senior Rachel DeLuca and juniors Jesse VanGampelaere and Emily Bondy, Fraser; seniors Megan Ross, Jessica Ollilla and Ashley Meehan, Utica High; senior Victoria Maniaci and junior Carson Janssen, Macomb L’Anse Creuse North; junior Kylie Wiegand and senior Olivia Ross, Macomb Dakota; and junior Marina Manzo, Romeo.
Anchor Bay went 9-1-2 to win the league title, followed by Lamphere (8-3-1), Fraser (7-4-1), Utica High (5-2-5), L’Anse Creuse North (3-5-4), Dakota (2-9-1) and Romeo (0-10-2).
St. Clair Shores Lakeview senior Sarah Economeas earned league MVP honors, while her coach, Brooke Sweeney-Pouliot, was named league Coach of the Year. Sterling Heights High earned the award for sportsmanship.
All-League honorees are Economeas, senior Jessica Innes, and sophomores Jessica Witt, Kieley Phillips and Sam Uppleger, Lakeview; freshmen Ashley Romanowski and Morgan Hudson, and sophomores Katelynn Ruman and Maryann Davey, St. Clair Shores Lake Shore; senior Alyson Pfahl, freshman Alexis Paul and sophomore Joelle Marino, Harrison Township L’Anse Creuse; senior Casey Feazko, junior Devin Tomlinson and freshman Hannah Jones, Port Huron Northern; junior Miranda Smith and senior Laura Dunklin, Sterling Heights High; senior Nicole Propst and sophomore Katie Vitella, Warren Cousino; and senior Erica Oriel, Port Huron High.
Lakeview went 12-0-0 to win the league, followed by Lake Shore (10-2-0), L’Anse Creuse (6-4-2), Port Huron Northern (6-5-1), Cousino (4-7-1), Sterling Heights (2-10-0) and Port Huron High (0-12-0).
Clawson High senior Kayla Paquette was named league MVP, while her coach, Thomas Pavlovich, earned Coach of the Year honors. St. Clair earned the sportsmanship award.
All-League honorees are seniors Paquette and Taylor Wright, juniors Lizzie Pasquin, Josie Daniel and Olivia Paquette, and sophomore Haley Danhausen, Clawson; sophomore Mackenzie Kent, seniors Danielle Hanekow and Hannah Packan, and junior Nicole Denny, St. Clair High; seniors Kristina Iglesias and Shelby Zeifer, and junior Emily Hall, Marysville; senior Autumn D’Addario and junior Stefanie Degiovanni, Warren Woods Tower; senior Lauren Harriman and junior Shelby Corbett, Warren Mott; senior Brittany Dawson, Roseville; sophomores Jessica Darga and Olivia Vihey, senior Natalie Noble and junior Christy Routheaux, Marine City.
Clawson finished 9-1-2 to win the league. St. Clair went 7-2-3 to finish second, followed by Marine City (8-4-0), Marysville (4-4-4), Tower (4-6-2), Mott (2-10-0) and Roseville (1-8-3).
St. Clair Shores South Lake senior Rachell Schnell earned league MVP honors. New Haven’s Derek Wegner was named league Coach of the Year. Warren Fitzgerald was honored for sportsmanship.
All-League selections are seniors Schnell and Hannah Apostolou, junior Lauren Giurlanda, and sophomores Jessica McClinton and Taylor Pawlusiak, South Lake; senior Kristen Schreiber, sophomore Skyler Kutchuk, and freshmen Karissa Wegner and Hunter Reynolds, New Haven; juniors Robyn Cranston, April Schlesinger and Shavon Edwards, East Detroit; juniors Sierra Jackson and BreAnna Richard, and sophomore Liz Harris, Center Line; sophomore Kaitlyn Vantuil and senior Alicia Schumborg, Warren Fitzgerald; junior Andreen Yousif, Madison Heights Madison.
South Lake went 12-0-0 to win the league. New Haven finished second at 10-2-0, followed by Center Line (7-4-1), East Detroit (5-6-1), Fitzgerald (4-7-1), Mount Clemens (1-9-2) and Madison (0-11-1).
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing - Eastpointe
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams