Macomb CountyFebruary 20, 2013
Local hockey teams receive regional tournament draws
By Mark Vest
C & G Sports Writer
As exciting as a chase for a Macomb Area Conference hockey league championship may be, things can get even more interesting once the postseason rolls around.
The postseason provides each team with a fresh start, and that first opportunity will come in the regional tournament.
Here is a breakdown of matchups, locations and scheduled start times for our local teams.
Chippewa Valley is scheduled to face Troy Athens in a Division 1 regional semifinal game at 7:45 p.m. Feb. 25 at Great Lakes Sports City. The winner moves on to face either Sterling Heights Stevenson or Troy in a regional final matchup, scheduled for 7:15 p.m. Feb. 27.
Utica Eisenhower receives a first-round bye and will take on the winner of a Division 1 regional semifinal game between Macomb Dakota and Rochester Adams, which is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. Feb. 25 at Mount Clemens Ice Arena. The regional final game is scheduled to take place at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 27.
Fraser is scheduled to take on Warren De La Salle in a Division 2 game at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 25 at City Arena. The winner faces Grosse Pointe South, scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Feb. 27.
L’Anse Creuse is scheduled to face off against L’Anse Creuse North in a Division 2 regional semifinal contest at 4 p.m. Feb. 26 at Suburban Macomb. The winner of that game moves on to the regional finals to take on the winner of a matchup between Utica and Rochester Hills Stoney Creek, which take the ice at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 26 at Suburban. The regional final scheduled for 4:30 p.m. Feb. 27.
Macomb Lutheran North is scheduled to face Marysville in a Division 3 regional semifinal matchup at 8:15 p.m. Feb. 26 at McMorran Arena. The winner will move on to face St. Clair in a regional final at 7:45 Feb. 28.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher, earns MVP honors - Sterling Heights
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- Stoney Creek outlast Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title - Clawson
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Fraser boys track and field wins MAC championship - Fraser
- Eisenhower softball looks to build strong foundation - Shelby Township
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Troy softball team sweeps Athens in postseason preview - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley