Clinton Township, Mount Clemens, Macomb Township, Harrison Township, WarrenMarch 6, 2013
Local girls hoops teams see varying results in state tourney
By Jason Carmel Davis
C & G Sports Writer
The opening two rounds of the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association state girls basketball tournament were played Feb. 25 and Feb. 27. District finals were March 1, after press time.
Here are the results for the local teams and neighboring private schools.
L’Anse Creuse got the playoffs started with an opening-round Class A game against St. Clair Shores Lake Shore. The Lancers came away with a 59-45 win and advanced to take on Sterling Heights High Feb. 27, where they fell 52-50.
Chippewa Valley drew a bye and bested Roseville High 56-28 Feb. 27 in a Class A district semifinal played at Sterling Heights High. The Big Reds met the host Stallions in a district final.
Warren Regina matched up against Warren Woods Tower in the opening round of the Tower district and eliminated the host team 67-36 Feb. 25 in a Class A district quarter. The Saddlelites next met Warren Mott Feb. 27 in a district semi, which Regina took 62-34. The Saddlelites met Warren Cousino in a district final.
Macomb Lutheran North got the best of Notre Dame Prep 48-41 Feb. 25 and took on Madison Heights Lamphere in a Class B district semifinal game, which the Mustangs won 47-30. Lutheran North matched up with Beverly Hills Detroit Country Day in a district final.
The Battling Bathers from Mount Clemens High drew an opening-round bye and then fell 58-52 to Harper Woods High Feb. 27 in a Class C district semifinal.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher, earns MVP honors - Sterling Heights
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- Stoney Creek outlast Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title - Clawson
- Fraser boys track and field wins MAC championship - Fraser
- Eisenhower softball looks to build strong foundation - Shelby Township
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Troy softball team sweeps Athens in postseason preview - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley