Clinton Township, Harrison Township, Macomb Township, Mount Clemens, Warren
Published March 6, 2013
Local girls hoops teams see varying results in state tourney
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
The opening two rounds of the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association state girls basketball tournament were played Feb. 25 and Feb. 27. District finals were March 1, after press time.
Here are the results for the local teams and neighboring private schools.
L’Anse Creuse got the playoffs started with an opening-round Class A game against St. Clair Shores Lake Shore. The Lancers came away with a 59-45 win and advanced to take on Sterling Heights High Feb. 27, where they fell 52-50.
Chippewa Valley drew a bye and bested Roseville High 56-28 Feb. 27 in a Class A district semifinal played at Sterling Heights High. The Big Reds met the host Stallions in a district final.
Warren Regina matched up against Warren Woods Tower in the opening round of the Tower district and eliminated the host team 67-36 Feb. 25 in a Class A district quarter. The Saddlelites next met Warren Mott Feb. 27 in a district semi, which Regina took 62-34. The Saddlelites met Warren Cousino in a district final.
Macomb Lutheran North got the best of Notre Dame Prep 48-41 Feb. 25 and took on Madison Heights Lamphere in a Class B district semifinal game, which the Mustangs won 47-30. Lutheran North matched up with Beverly Hills Detroit Country Day in a district final.
The Battling Bathers from Mount Clemens High drew an opening-round bye and then fell 58-52 to Harper Woods High Feb. 27 in a Class C district semifinal.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- Chippewa Valley senior volleyball standout to take her talents to the next level - Clinton Township
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams