Farmington, Farmington HillsOctober 24, 2012
Local football teams learn their postseason opponents
By Christian Davis
C & G Sports Writer
After a battling their way through the nine regular-season games, several local teams finished with six or more wins to earn an automatic berth into the postseason.
Here’s a look at which local teams are in and where they’ll be going.
Farmington Hills Harrison won three of its final four games to get to 6-3 overall. The Hawks’ next test is at Fenton High at 7 p.m. Oct. 26. The Tigers are 8-1 and haven’t lost since the first week of the season.
On the other side of the district bracket, Farmington High travels to Walled Lake Western at 7 p.m. Oct. 26. The Falcons are 6-3 and losers of their last two contests. Western is 7-2 and winners of its last five games.
The times and dates of some of the games are still to be determined. Check the Michigan High School Athletic Association website at www.mhsaa.com or call the host school for more details.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Heugh knows key to Athens success is finding consistency - Troy
- Southfield gymnast wins two gold medals - Southfield
- Roseville baseball team focused on district title - Roseville
- Berkley baseball team eyes division crown for second straight year - Berkley
- Mercy softball confidence soars as playoff time draws ever-so close - Farmington Hills
- North, South and Liggett tennis teams earn spots in state finals - Grosse Pointe Farms
- All three local schools qualify athletes for track and field state finals - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher, earns MVP honors - Sterling Heights
- Fraser boys track and field wins MAC championship - Fraser
- Stoney Creek outlast Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Troy softball team sweeps Athens in postseason preview - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start