Ferndale, Hazel Park
Published November 8, 2013
Hazel Park High volleyball bests Ferndale High for district title
By Christian Davis email@example.com Follow Christian on Twitter.
WARREN — After falling in a district final last season, Hazel Park High made sure to redeem itself this time around.
The Vikings beat Ferndale High 25-12, 25-12, 25-22 Nov. 8 at Warren Fitzgerald for the Class B championship.
“This was the goal from last year,” Hazel Park coach Sue Stuef said. “We just kept remembering that match last season and made it our goal to come back and win this thing. They really stepped up.”
Ferndale coach Stacy Schock said it took some time for her team to respond to the Vikings’ speed.
“I think we started of with some nerves and picked it up, but it was just a little late,” she said.
Ferndale led by as many as seven points in the third game before Hazel Park stormed back.
Up next, the Vikings play at 7 p.m. Nov. 12 at Pontiac Notre Dame Prep in a regional semifinal. The opponent is to be determined.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals