Metro DetroitJune 13, 2012
Esler’s All Star Basketball Camp
Greg Esler’s All Star Basketball Camp is June 25-29 at Macomb Community College in Warren. The camp, hosted by the Warren De La Salle varsity coach, is for boys and girls going into grades 3-12.
The camp is $150 per player and is open to the first 200 applicants. The last eight camps have sold out. The daily schedule runs from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., and a lunch will be served at noon by the college “at a reasonable cost.” The final day of the camp, June 29, ends at noon. Each camper receives a free basketball and T-shirt.
A new feature of the camp is the addition of students entering grades 10-12.
“We’re, obviously, excited about the challenge,” Esler said. “But we feel our track record speaks volumes. We’ve been able to improve kids’ skills through 25 years of experience.”
The coach has won a state title, coached several elite players and has led De La Salle to several Catholic League championships.
Personal trainer Mike Fox of Next Level Health and Fitness also will be at the camp.
Fundamentals, improving weaknesses and academic tips will be stressed at the camp.
Direct questions and registration inquiries to Greg Esler at (586) 294-7442.
If you are having or know of another local sports camp, contact Sports Editor Susan Shanley with the information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Heugh knows key to Athens success is finding consistency - Troy
- Southfield gymnast wins two gold medals - Southfield
- Berkley baseball team eyes division crown for second straight year - Berkley
- Mercy softball confidence soars as playoff time draws ever-so close - Farmington Hills
- North, South and Liggett tennis teams earn spots in state finals - Grosse Pointe Farms
- All three local schools qualify athletes for track and field state finals - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Roseville baseball team focused on district title - Roseville
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher, earns MVP honors - Sterling Heights
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- Stoney Creek outlast Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- Fraser boys track and field wins MAC championship - Fraser
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Troy softball team sweeps Athens in postseason preview - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start