West BloomfieldFebruary 13, 2013
End of the road for WB wrestling, other local squads
By Christian Davis
C & G Sports Writer
The team portion of the wrestling season came to a close for most local teams.
West Bloomfield High fell to Farmington Hills Harrison 50-30 Feb. 6 at home in a Division 1 district semifinal. On the other side of the bracket, Walled Lake Central beat North Farmington 42-27 and then lost to Harrison 42-22 for the title.
Walled Lake Western also lost in the first round of its district Feb. 6 at home, losing to South Lyon High 48-33. Brighton High won the title, beating South Lyon 55-16.
Walled Lake Northern lost its match in the final, falling to Hartland High 66-13 Feb. 6 at Hartland. Northern beat Lakeland High 42-36 in its semifinal. Hartland had beaten Milford High 59-18.
Orchard Lake St. Mary’s took on Bloomfield Hills Andover in its D-2 district Feb. 7, after press time, at Andover. The winner faced Bloomfield Hills Lahser or Auburn Hills Avondale.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Utica girls track captures dual-meet championship - Utica
- Lake Orion High boys golf proves to be best in county - Lake Orion
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start - Ferndale
- Chippewa golf aims for league championship and postseason success - Clinton Township
- East Detroit boys golf coach touts players’ growth - Eastpointe
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Adams softball team picking up where it left off in 2012 - Rochester Hills
- Grosse Pointe North baseball hopes to finish strong - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start