- Football Sterling Heights Stevenson 35 Utica Ford 7 10/02
- Football Romeo 26 Macomb Dakota 14 10/02
- Boys soccer Macomb Dakota 1 L'Anse Creuse North 1 9/30
- Boys soccer Utica Eisenhower 2 Utica 0 9/30
- Boys soccer Troy 1 Troy Athens 0 9/29
- Volleyball Notre Dame Prep 3 Marian 1 9/29
- Boys soccer Utica Eisenhower 2 Chippewa Valley 0 9/28
- Boys tennis Brother Rice 6 Grosse Pointe South 2 9/28
MACOMB — Macomb Dakota girls basketball captured its fourth district title in the last five years with a 54-49 victory over Port Huron Northern in a Class A district title contest March 1 at home.
Despite the close score, the Cougars were in control for the majority of the contest, in large part due to a 30-point performance by senior guard Olivia Savage.
"She took it to another level," said Dakota coach Phil McCune. "What a display. That's what seniors are supossed to do this time of year."
Prior to its win over the Huskies, Dakota defeated L'Anse Creuse North 65-47 in a district semifinal Feb. 27.
Next up for Dakota is a regional semifinal game, scheduled for 7 p.m. March 5 against the winner of Chippewa Valley and Sterling Heights at St. Clair Shores Lake Shore.
September 28, 2015
Farmington Hills Harrison
Farmington Hills Harrison earned the honor after beating Southfield High 17-14 at home in a battle for first place in the Oakland Activities Association White Division. The win put the Hawks 4-0 (4-1 overall) in the division, a game ahead of Southfield. After trailing 14-7 at the half, Harrison scored 10 unanswered points, capped off by a 27-yard field goal by Alex Bolstrum with 10:57 left in the game. In the last four meetings between these rivals, each team has won twice with a 4.5 average margin of victory.