Macomb CountyJune 15, 2012
De La Salle baseball in state semis — LIVE UPDATES
By Mike Moore
C & G Sports Writer
BATTLE CREEK — The Pilots from Warren De La Salle are getting set to take on Howell High at Morrison Field in Battle Creek.
C & G's Mike Moore is at the game and will be posting live. Game time is noon.
Pilots win 3-2. Will play either Hudsonville or Saline at 12:30 p.m. tomorrow. Check back for a web story shortly.
Pilots are three outs from the final. Howell coming to bat in the bottom of the seventh trailing 3-2.
Pilots take a 3-1 lead in the sixth when Dominic DiPuma led off the frame with a towering home run. In the bottom of the inning, Howell answers back with a run of its own. DLS leads 3-2 heading into the seventh.
Howell gets on the scoreboard. Pilots lead 2-1 in the top of the sixth.
Pilots take a 2-0 lead in the top of the fifth after a two-out, RBI double by Reed Carnagie to score Matt Beam.
The Pilots strike first and take a 1-0 lead on an RBI single by Joe Loria. Howell coming to bat in the bottom of the fourth.
Still no score. De La Salle pitcher Kevin Carroll is throwing a good game. Pilots coming to bat in the top of fourth.
One game down, two to go. Just got to De La Salle vs. Howell High. The Pilots were 2-14 at one point but have a chance to play for a state final with a win here today. Just got going, no score yet.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Lake Orion High boys golf proves to be best in county - Lake Orion
- Utica girls track captures dual-meet championship - Utica
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start - Ferndale
- Chippewa golf aims for league championship and postseason success - Clinton Township
- East Detroit boys golf coach touts players’ growth - Eastpointe
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Adams softball team picking up where it left off in 2012 - Rochester Hills
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start