Published July 15, 2014
Birmingham Brother Rice
vs. Chicago Brother Rice (Illinois) (3-7) — 2 p.m. Aug. 30
Brother Rice vs. Brother Rice at Wayne State University. This will be Dave Sofran’s first game as head coach for the three-time defending state champs, as the Warriors begin a season without Al Fracassa for the first time since 1968.
at Toledo St. John’s Jesuit (Ohio) (2-8) — 7 p.m. Sept. 5
Rice is 3-1 all time in this matchup, including a 49-7 victory last year.
at Pickerington North (Ohio) (10-2) — 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12
This is the first meeting ever between these teams. Rice will have to travel some four hours (240 miles) to play this game.
at Warren De La Salle (6-4) — 7 p.m. Sept. 19
A much shorter trip, but a game that is sure to be filled with drama after last year’s 26-24 win by the Warriors. The teams are 3-3 against one another since 2008.
vs. Novi Detroit Catholic Central (11-3) — 7 p.m. Sept. 26
Catholic Central was 11-1 against everyone not named Brother Rice in 2013. The Warriors bested the Shamrocks twice last year, 28-21 in Week 5 and 20-7 in the Prep Bowl.
vs. Orchard Lake St. Mary’s (5-4) — 7 p.m. Oct. 3
On Sept. 28, 2012, St. Mary’s beat Rice 24-14. That was the last time the Warriors lost a game.
at Beverly Hills Detroit Country Day (8-4) — 1 p.m. Oct. 11
Rice and Country Day played every year from 2000-2004, with the Warriors winning four of the five games. They haven’t played since a 30-8 win by Rice in 2004.
at University of Detroit Jesuit (7-5) — 7 p.m. Oct. 17
Rice has won 13 in a row against U of D dating back to 2001, including twice last year, the second being in a regional final.
vs. Catholic League crossover — Oct. 25
This will either be a spot in the 2014 Prep Bowl or an opponent scheduled after the eighth week is complete.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals