Madison Heights, Royal OakMarch 13, 2013
Bishop Foley boys basketball loses to Detroit Consortium in regional final
By Mark Vest
C & G Sports Writer
MADISON HEIGHTS — Bishop Foley's boys basketball season came to a close after being defeated by Detroit Consortium 68-35 in a Class C regional final March 13 on the Ventures' home court.
Consortium took control early, gaining an 11-point advantage in the first quarter. The Cougars expanded their lead even further in the second quarter and led 35-20 at halftime.
"The kids came together," said Consortium co-coach Anthony Atwater. "Got one goal — just trying to win the state championship.Got a long journey still ahead, but (we're) gonna be fine."
Despite his team's exit from the postseason, Foley coach Marc West was able to look back at the Ventures' season with appreciation.
"When you end a season, you end a career for these seniors, you're gonna remember the good things," he said. "You're gonna remember the Catholic League championship, the district championship, (and) the great moment we had here Monday night (a March 11 victory against Detroit Loyola), advancing on to the regional final. It was a special season for them."
Joseph Moorman and Joshua Jackson had 16 points apiece to lead Consortium.
The Ventures were led in scoring by DeAndre' Jackson, who had 12 points.
The Cougars advance to the quarterfinals, where they will face Flint Beecher, scheduled for 7 p.m. March 19 at West Bloomfield.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Dakota girls basketball’s entire graduating class receives college scholarship - Macomb Township
- Stoney Creek outlasts Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title - Clawson
- LACROSSE: Local teams see varying results as state tournament begins - Warren
- Fraser boys track and field wins MAC championship - Fraser
- Southfield gymnast wins two gold medals - Southfield
- Eisenhower softball looks to build strong foundation - Shelby Township
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- Troy softball team sweeps Athens in postseason preview - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Clawson High girls soccer gives itself chance at third straight title
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start