Oakland CountyJune 29, 2012
All-OAA girls soccer teams named
By Jason Carmel Davis
C & G Sports Writer
Yet another season has come and gone for the girls soccer teams in the Oakland Activities Association.
Once again, teams in the three-division conference finished with varying degrees of success, including two squads that battled their way to deep postseason runs.
Rochester Adams fought all the way to the Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 1 state semifinals, while Troy High advanced to the D-1 state title game before falling 2-1 to Okemos June 16 at Michigan State University.
The league may not have not produced a state champion, but Troy senior Irene Young has been tabbed Ms. Soccer by the Michigan High School Soccer Coaches Association. The award is presented to the best female prep soccer player in the state. Young will play at the University of Louisville next year.
It’s time to take a look back at the divisional races and honor the players the coaches felt deserved special recognition by being selected All-Conference.
Rochester Adams (9-2-1) won the league title. Troy High finished second at 8-2-2, followed by Rochester Hills Stoney Creek (8-3-1), Rochester High (7-5), Troy Athens (4-7-1), Lake Orion (2-9-1) and Auburn Hills Avondale (1-11).
All-Conference selections are Kylie Nylen, Merlin Beckwith, Hannah Lee, Mackenzie Barber, Tiffany Buckler and Shannon McDevitt, Adams; Young, Madison Hirsch, Alison Holland, Jennifer Busk and Erin Wrubel, Troy High; Joanie Seija, Maddie Lucci, Lauren Bolhuis, Madison Toth and Jamison Midgley, Stoney Creek; McKenzie Chilcote, Maria Lepore, Stephanie Heber and Jenna Maletke, Rochester High; Liz Abro, Gabby Mancini, Monica Gorski and Kendall Wachowski, Athens; Hannah Cad, Nicole Krier and Hannah Kish, Lake Orion; Jessica Creech, Jessica Angell and Tailor Mathes, Avondale.
Berkley and Royal Oak High tied for the league title at 7-1-2. Clarkston finished second at 6-1-3, followed by North Farmington (5-3-2), Bloomfield Hills Lahser (4-5-1), Bloomfield Hills Andover (2-4-4), Oxford High (1-8-1) and West Bloomfield High (0-9-1).
All-Conference selections are Julie Shields, Stephanie Miller, Jordyn Mackool, Caitlin O’Neill, Karsyn Baker and Samantha Munoz, Berkley; Samantha Bartelotti, Mary LeAnnais, Kacey Lawniczak, Kayla Linstruth, Kathleen Watson and Tara Swanson, Royal Oak; Lisa Lyons, Lindsey Adams, Alexis Shamoun, Katie Miller and Taylor Stokes, Clarkston; Sami Roumayah, Taylor Lambouris, Akanksha Vaishnav, Jessie Trimmer and Amanda Lumley, North Farmington; Suzanne Miller, Caroline Eagan, Paige Sambor and Kelsey Shearer, Lahser; Lynn Neef, Emily Atkinson, Maggie Seraydarian and Ashley Silbert, Andover; Paige Brinker, Ellen Saville and Darien Bandel, Oxford; Knar Topouzian, Olivia Hartman and Emily Murzyn, West Bloomfield.
Ferndale went undefeated (12-0-2) in winning the division title. Farmington High came in second at 9-2-3, followed by Birmingham Seaholm (9-3-2), Birmingham Groves (8-3-3), Farmington Hills Harrison (6-7-1), Southfield Lathrup (4-9-1), Hazel Park (2-12) and Pontiac (0-14).
All-Conference selections are Lexie Brisson-Fast, Kelsey Wilson, Molly Breen-Bondie, Emma Whipple, Amber Wilson and Danielle Locklear, Ferndale; Melissa Kucukarslan, Irena Dedivani, Lauren McCann, Tasha Ivananc and Arielle Lochrie, Farmington; Jacqueline Mee, Lisa White, Allison Loeffler, Julie Naski and Lily Slavin, Seaholm; Lucy Mailing, Courtney Howe, Parisa Shifteh and Susie Bittker, Groves; Amy Lindberg, Catherine Barkach, Alexandra Schwartz and Shannon Ruhland, Harrison; Emarie Cuttingham, Clare Luckey and Matea Smith, Lathrup; Kayleigh Slabiak, Brittany Richardville and Taryn Goslow, Hazel Park; Flor Palcious, Yolanda Mendez and Amber Nunlee, Pontiac.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Stoney Creek outlast Sterling-Mott Unified in boys lacrosse playoff opener - Rochester Hills
- Eisenhower softball looks to build strong foundation - Shelby Township
- Hazel Park golf shoots for another solid season - Hazel Park
- Tower boys golf team going after fourth straight league title - Sterling Heights
- Longtime DLS lacrosse coach receives honor - Warren
- Golfers take to Pontiac Country Club to decide county championship - Metro Detroit
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Lake Orion High boys golf proves to be best in county - Lake Orion
- Utica girls track captures dual-meet championship - Utica
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher, earns MVP honors - Sterling Heights
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start - Ferndale
- With Zemmer in the circle, Athens softball team will have a fighting chance - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Adams softball team picking up where it left off in 2012 - Rochester Hills
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start