BerkleyJanuary 04, 2014
Looking back: Generational drug store
Source: photo submitted by James Tong, Berkley Historical Museum
In 1946, Baker’s Drug Store moved into this building, located at 2600 W. 12 Mile Road, in Berkley.
In 1959, Raymond Lewis Baker sold the business to Max Millman, Milton Abramson and Harold Elias. Millman’s son, James, became a pharmacist and later took over the business.
On May 24, 2007, James Millman closed the store and donated a sizeable collection of historical drugs and prescription-making equipment to the Berkley Historical Museum, where it is on permanent display.
James Tong, with the Berkley Historical Museum, came across this photo while compiling the book “Images of America: Berkley,” which is available at the Berkley Public Library, Barnes & Noble and Amazon.com.