Published January 21, 2013
Cousino girls bowling team wins Macomb County Tourney
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
The Warren Cousino girls bowling team knocked off Macomb L'Anse Creuse North 545-512 to win the 2013 Macomb County Bowling Championships, held Jan. 19 at Sunny Brook Golf and Bowl in Sterling Heights.
The Patriots finished ahead of 15 other squads that qualified for the championship round the morning of Jan. 19. Twenty-two girls teams in all competed in the event.
On its way to the finals, Cousino bested Roseville, Utica Eisenhower and St. Clair Shores Lakeview. LCN took down Warren Woods Tower, Utica Stevenson and Richmond before falling to the Patriots in the finals. Richmond and Lakeview's girls teams finished third and fourth, respectively.
On the boys side, Romeo beat Macomb Dakota 718-624 to capture the team title.
Romeo got by Utica Ford II, Utica High and Richmond to advance to the finals. The Cougars outlasted Clinton Township Chippewa Valley, Roseville and Anchor Bay before falling in the title match.
Twenty-four boys teams from county schools participated in the championships.
Dakota's Solnik takes girls' singles title; Lakeview's Cunha wins boys
Dakota's Marissa Solnik tallied a score of 682 over three games to win the girls individual title at the county championships. Solnik averaged a 227.3 over three games.
Utica Stevenson's Lauren Krywy (635), LCN's Alyssa Meade (626), Ike's Haley Zynda (624) and Stevenson's Renee Spicuzza (608) round out the top five.
Solnik beat out 156 girls for the title.
St. Clair Shores Lakeview's Mitchell Cunha tallied a 791 over three games to take home the boys individual title at the county championships. Cunha averaged a 263.6 on his way to the title.
Roseville's Mike Hamilton (764), Warren Mott's David Stroshein (757), Utica High's Adam Young (740) and Tower's Mike Pagano (726) round out the top five.
Cunha bested 160 bowlers to win the championship.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals