Published October 3, 2012
Tower, Lakeview share MAC Gold tennis tourney title
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
MOUNT CLEMENS — The two teams that have been at the top of the Macomb Area Conference Gold Division all season long showed why again as Warren Woods Tower and St. Clair Shores Lakeview shared the MAC Gold Division tournament title.
Both teams tallied 40 points to finish atop the tournament field of seven local squads. The matches took place Oct. 2 at Seminole Elementary School in Mount Clemens and at L'Anse Creuse High School in Harrison Township.
Tower senior Joshua Hallendy won the No. 1 singles title with a two-set victory in the finals over Madison Heights Lamphere junior Octavio Gherasin. Lamphere finished second with 39 points.
Three Lakeview doubles teams won titles, as well.
Also in the field were Clawson High, Mount Clemens High, Center Line High and Sterling Heights High.
Tower also finished in first place of the division during dual-meet competition, while Lakeview was second.
East Detroit takes MAC Blue
The East Detroit boys tennis team continued its run through the MAC Blue with a win in the division tournament.
The Shamrocks, which won the regular season title, finished first in the league tournament with 55 points. Utica High placed second with 51, followed by Clinton Township Chippewa Valley (43), Marysville (35), Fraser (32), Port Huron High (30), Marine City (27), and Warren Mott (14).
Romeo takes MAC White tourney title
The Romeo High boys tennis team took the MAC White Division tournament title Oct. 2 with 53 points.
St. Clair High placed second with 49, followed by Anchor Bay (43), Macomb L’Anse Creuse North (39), Macomb Dakota (32), Utica Stevenson (28), Utica Ford II (25) and Harrison Township L’Anse Creuse (19).
Results for the MAC Blue Division tournament were not yet available at press time. No MAC Red tournament took place this year.
Romeo also won the MAC White dual-meet title, while Grosse Pointe South won the Red and East Detroit won the Blue.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- East Detroit softball looking to stay on the upswing - Eastpointe
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game
- East Detroit baseball out to surprise teams in 2015
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness
- Lakeview baseball expecting good things in 2015
- Former North soccer standout, Stander, returns to patrol the sidelines
- Royal Oak High soccer back with experience and high goals
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams