Birmingham, Bloomfield HillsSeptember 13, 2012
Lahser soccer rolls on the road, cruises past Dearborn High 3-1
By Mike Moore
C & G Sports Writer
DEARBORN — His assessment was quick and simple.
If he has his way, it’s one he’ll repeat as the season moves on.
“We played our absolute best game of the season tonight,” Bloomfield Hills Lahser coach Dougie MacAulay said following a 3-1 victory against Dearborn High Sept. 13. “We possessed the ball, passed well, and attacked all night. This was our best game yet.”
Soros Ashley got the Knights on the board at the 31-minute mark of the first half, and shortly after Conor Wahi made it 2-0.
Dearborn came out of the gates in the second half and cut the deficit to one, though, notching a goal just 30 seconds into the frame.
“You know, I told them how well we were playing at halftime, and sometimes that’s not a good idea,” MacAulay said with a laugh. “I wasn’t happy to give up that one. But the guys took it as a wake-up call, and they bounced back.”
Ashley netted his second goal of the night a bit later, and Lahser never really looked back, limiting the Pioneers to only a handful of chances.
“We took it to them with our pressure, and that was the difference,” MacAulay added. “This was a great win for us.”
Lahser, now 6-3-2, is off until Sept. 18 when it hosts Farmington High.
Dearborn falls to 3-5-2.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Eisenhower softball looks to build strong foundation - Shelby Township
- Hazel Park golf shoots for another solid season - Hazel Park
- Golfers take to Pontiac Country Club to decide county championship - Metro Detroit
- Tower boys golf team going after fourth straight league title - Sterling Heights
- Longtime DLS lacrosse coach receives honor - Warren
- Brother Rice rolls past Catholic Central to claim league title - Birmingham
- Bishop Foley defends Catholic League title with win over NDP - Madison Heights
- Lake Orion High boys golf proves to be best in county - Lake Orion
- Utica girls track captures dual-meet championship - Utica
- Sterling Heights native, Albion College pitcher earns conference Most Valuable Pitcher honors - Sterling Heights
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start - Ferndale
- With Zemmer in the circle, Athens softball team will have a fighting chance - Troy
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics - Harrison Township
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area - Metro Detroit
- Stoney Creek graduate taken No. 1 in NFL draft - Rochester
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate - Warren
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship - Walled Lake
- North Farmington baseball team improves to 14-3 with 5-2 victory against Pioneer - Farmington Hills
- Adams softball team picking up where it left off in 2012 - Rochester Hills
- Local gymnast qualifies for Junior Olympics
- Walled Lake Northern lacrosse wins city championship
- Club rugby programs become more visible in area
- Roseville High girls soccer looks to improve under second-year coach
- De La Salle lacrosse team navigating its way through tough slate
- NDP soccer continues strong season with victory against Bishop Foley
- Ferndale High golf off to strong start