TroyNovember 27, 2012
Woman killed in parking lot of local grocery store
By Terry Oparka
C & G Staff Writer
A 52-year-old Madison Heights woman was killed after she was hit by a car and dragged under it in the parking lot of the Atlas Market at Big Beaver and Dequindre at about 3:30 p.m. Nov. 25.
Police were not releasing the name of the deceased woman at press time. Troy police Sgt. Andy Breidenich sad that two of the woman’s grown children were with her at the time.
The driver of the car, a 68-year-old Troy woman, was treated and released for an unspecified condition after the accident, Breidenich said.
“It does not appear that drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash,” he said.
He could not say if any medical condition of the driver contributed to the crash.
“It’s tragic,” Breidenich said.
He said that police were still investigating the case and would forward the findings to the prosecutor’s office.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi