Woman found dead outside apartment complex
April 11, 2013
Neighbors called police the evening of April 9 after they found a local woman dead in a creek at the Spring Hill apartment complex at West Utica and Mound roads.
Shelby Township Police Chief Roland Woelkers said the 41-year-old woman was discovered face down in about 6 inches of water. He said emergency medical services personnel and police found that she had already died.
“It appears to be the result of some kind of medical problem,” Woelkers said, citing the medical examiner’s preliminary investigation. “No foul play is suspected.”
He said the medical examiner would be conducting an autopsy.
“She went out to do something. … (The residents) went looking for her and that’s when they found her,” Woelkers said.
About the author
Staff Writer Kristyne E. Demske covers St. Clair Shores and the Lake Shore, Lakeview and South Lake public schools for the Sentinel. Kristyne has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2004 and attended Michigan State University and Chippewa Valley High School.
- 30 DAYS
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Local VFW receives grant for generator, building work - Madison Heights
- ‘30 Americans’ celebrates and explores identity and other issues - Detroit
- Dashing through the shows at the Macomb Center - Clinton Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights