Madison HeightsJuly 3, 2013
Woman dies in three-car crash on Dequindre
By Andy Kozlowski
C & G Staff Writer
MADISON HEIGHTS — Police are investigating a fatal accident on Dequindre Road where a driver slipped into oncoming traffic and hit another vehicle, killing the occupant of the other vehicle and causing a third vehicle to crash, as well.
The incident occurred on Dequindre near Whitcomb Avenue around 10:45 a.m. on June 29.
The vehicle that caused the crash, a white 2013 Chevy Malibu driven by a Beverly Hills woman, 40, was heading northbound on Dequindre when, for reasons unknown, she began to drift into the southbound lane.
This resulted in a head-on collision with a black 2012 Chrysler 200 driven by a Sterling Heights woman, 57, who died as a result of the crash. Police say the driver of the Malibu, meanwhile, was revived at the scene with CPR.
A burgundy 1997 Ford F-150 pickup truck also rear-ended the Chrysler 200. Both of the occupants — the male driver, 66, and the female passenger, 56, both from Troy — survived the incident.
At press time, the status of the survivors was unclear. Madison Heights Police Lt. Robert Anderson said the police are looking into the cause of the deadly crash.
“We don’t know if the person who drifted into the lane has a medical condition or not,” Anderson said. “That’s what we’re suspecting at this time, that she possibly has some kind of medical condition that caused her to go unconscious. We’ve seen it in prior cases like this, where it unfortunately happens in the wrong place, at the wrong time.”
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Business owner slain outside restaurant - Harper Woods
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Christmas Bird Count draws near - Macomb County
- Former Berkley mayor offers to repair clock she donated to city - Berkley
- FPS superintendent retires - Farmington
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi