Police are looking for information on a fatal rollover crash that occurred at 4:15 p.m. Jan. 4 on I-75.
According to reports, a 38-year-old woman was driving a 2005 Chevy Tahoe south on I-75, north of Wattles, and left the roadway, heading into the right ditch and rolling over multiple times.
The woman’s husband was a passenger in the vehicle, and police said it appears that no other vehicles were involved.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Her husband was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators from the Oakland County Medical Examiner’s Office and the Oakland County Crash Investigation Team continue to investigate. Alcohol and drugs do not appear to be factors in the crash, and the couple was wearing seat belts, according to reports. Two lanes of southbound I-75 remained closed for three hours while police investigated.
Anyone who witnessed the crash and was not interviewed by police is asked to contact the Troy Police Traffic Safety Unit at (248) 524-3477.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township