Police are looking for information on a fatal rollover crash that occurred at 4:15 p.m. Jan. 4 on I-75.
According to reports, a 38-year-old woman was driving a 2005 Chevy Tahoe south on I-75, north of Wattles, and left the roadway, heading into the right ditch and rolling over multiple times.
The woman’s husband was a passenger in the vehicle, and police said it appears that no other vehicles were involved.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Her husband was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators from the Oakland County Medical Examiner’s Office and the Oakland County Crash Investigation Team continue to investigate. Alcohol and drugs do not appear to be factors in the crash, and the couple was wearing seat belts, according to reports. Two lanes of southbound I-75 remained closed for three hours while police investigated.
Anyone who witnessed the crash and was not interviewed by police is asked to contact the Troy Police Traffic Safety Unit at (248) 524-3477.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe