Woman dies in rollover crash on I-75
By Terry Oparka
January 7, 2013
Police are looking for information on a fatal rollover crash that occurred at 4:15 p.m. Jan. 4 on I-75.
According to reports, a 38-year-old woman was driving a 2005 Chevy Tahoe south on I-75, north of Wattles, and left the roadway, heading into the right ditch and rolling over multiple times.
The woman’s husband was a passenger in the vehicle, and police said it appears that no other vehicles were involved.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Her husband was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators from the Oakland County Medical Examiner’s Office and the Oakland County Crash Investigation Team continue to investigate. Alcohol and drugs do not appear to be factors in the crash, and the couple was wearing seat belts, according to reports. Two lanes of southbound I-75 remained closed for three hours while police investigated.
Anyone who witnessed the crash and was not interviewed by police is asked to contact the Troy Police Traffic Safety Unit at (248) 524-3477.
About the author
Staff Writer Terry Oparka covers Troy and the Troy School District for the Troy Times. Oparka has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2000 and attended Oakland University and Macomb Community College. Oparka has won an award from the Michigan Press Association and three awards from the Society of Professional Journalists, Detroit Chapter.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville