TroyJanuary 7, 2013
Woman dies in rollover crash on I-75
By Terry Oparka
C & G Staff Writer
Police are looking for information on a fatal rollover crash that occurred at 4:15 p.m. Jan. 4 on I-75.
According to reports, a 38-year-old woman was driving a 2005 Chevy Tahoe south on I-75, north of Wattles, and left the roadway, heading into the right ditch and rolling over multiple times.
The woman’s husband was a passenger in the vehicle, and police said it appears that no other vehicles were involved.
The woman was pronounced dead at the scene. Her husband was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Investigators from the Oakland County Medical Examiner’s Office and the Oakland County Crash Investigation Team continue to investigate. Alcohol and drugs do not appear to be factors in the crash, and the couple was wearing seat belts, according to reports. Two lanes of southbound I-75 remained closed for three hours while police investigated.
Anyone who witnessed the crash and was not interviewed by police is asked to contact the Troy Police Traffic Safety Unit at (248) 524-3477.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- WB board to petition governor for treasurer’s removal - West Bloomfield
- Bashara seeks laptop in jail as he prepares for murder trial - Detroit
- Commission takes stance against I-75 expansion - Royal Oak
- Puppies transform prisoners - Rochester Hills
- Hackel touts ‘resurgence’ of Macomb County economy - Macomb County
- Troy makes Grand Sakwa offer for transit center land - Troy
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Ferndale resident taking part in Potters Market for first time - Ferndale
- Avoid holiday horror stories - Shelby Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi